Thursday, March 29, 2012

#20 Memorial for Jessica Liddell-McIntosh

Jessica Liddell-McIntosh (1986-2009)

Installation day for the memorial of Jessica Liddell-McIntosh. The project was installed at Fairmount Cemetery in Denver, Colorado on Thursday, March 29, 2012 and is my second permanent installation in Colorado. Although there is no figurative elements in the piece, I enjoyed making it as this is something quite unique from my past work. Commissioned by Jessica's mother, the memorial is designed to show the young woman's love of snowboarding. Being a snowboarder myself I was able to understand her daughters love of the sport. Today was a day, I felt, of closure to her daughters death. Emotions were expressed and love was shared. RIP Jessica Liddell-McIntosh. Photos of the finished installation in a few weeks.