Tuesday, January 13, 2015

#92, WW2 monument



Since October 2013 I have been working very hard sculpting a world war two monument that consists of 12 life size figures (pictured are three of my favorites). I haven't had time to work on my own projects and therefore post anything interesting so I figured I'd show what it is that has been keeping me busy (and quiet). The monument was designed by a former WW2 army air corp pilot and will be installed in Louisana sometime either later this year 2015 or 2016.  I am very pleased with how it is coming together and seeing this completed will be such a tremendous joy on so many levels. Currently, I am finishing up the tenth guy (standing figure) this week. Many of the figures are engaged with and touching another figure and doing everything separately has introduced challenges of fitting the entire monument together "seamlessly". I expect a good part of the year will be spent at the foundry making sure everything gets assembled properly.