Thursday, July 4, 2013

#53 Sowing Seeds, preparing for installation




Getting ready for installation of the life size sculpture Sowing Seeds next week, July 10 and I am feeling quite relieved that soon this piece will be finished and installed. It's been over one year since I've been working on the piece.

Debbie Bakel did the patinas on all of the bronze and they came out GREAT! Thank you Deb! I am fortunate to have as my neighbor a wonderful person and patineur. One of the many great things about living in an art community such as Loveland is the availability of information from so many experienced in the business of bronze. I also feel fortunate to know George Lundeen and just yesterday was amazed at the fact that if I don't know something, call up George. He loves to pass on the knowledge he has from the many many years of being a sculptor. I feel, as I believe many of us younger sculptors do, it is important to learn from and keep a very open mind and ears when talking with George, or any sculptor for that matter. I have a ton of respect for him and I only wish I would have moved to Loveland many years before I did in order to gain more of this knowledge that seems never ending.

Sowing Seeds will be permanently installed at Mountain View Presbyterian Church in Loveland.